Monday, January 31, 2011

UKAWP - Wedding Planning Excellence Seminar 2011

As a member of the UKAWP this year they have asked Melanie to speak at the UKAWP's Wedding Planning Excellence seminar which is to take place Friday 4th March and Saturday 5th March 2011 in London and the subject Melanie will be covering is about the legal aspects of wedding planning drawing on her previous career in law and her current business of a wedding planner.  Melanie is hoping to shed some light on valuable points which planners may wish to have some clarity on regarding those legal issues which can arise in the life of a wedding planner.



The seminar is a designed for wedding planners to enable them to increase their knowledge of the wedding world. UKAWP hope all those attending will leave with lots of exciting ideas for how they can develop their business in the future. This year they have a wide range of speaker in attendance talking about all sort of elements that go into a wedding. With two full days filled with opportunity to improve and promote your business.

The UKWAP website states the benefits of attending as:
  • Detailed and highly practical presentations from industry experts
  • Motivational business presentations to drive your business on
  • Opportunity to invest in your future
  • Networking opportunities with your colleagues 
Melanie was delighted to have been featured today in a speaker's focus blog about the event which is set out here for you 

WPE Speaker Focus: Melanie Kiani

January 31st, 2011 by Sandy
Following on in our series of introductions to WPE 11 speakers, I am very pleased to introduce one of our UKAWP members, Melanie Kiani of Bellissimo Events, who will be drawing on her previous career to present the legal issues surrounding weddings……….

melanie-kiani
What’s your USP?
Giving my clients the highest possible level of service and attention to detail in everything that I do with an experienced legal brain thrown in to ensure all the legal considerations of any wedding or event is covered.
What’s your signature dish?
I am a big foodie so I have lots of dishes I love cooking for friends and family - whatever I do I just love having the house full of people enjoying themselves and eating my homemade food and drinking plenty of good wine. Savoury is definitely my thing but I do also made a mean chocolate brownie.
Do you have a favourite restaurant?
Depends on what food I am in the mood for but a nice meal out with my husband or friends has to be The Guildhall Tavern, Poole Quay - wonderful fish with an ice cold bottle of Muscadet and they always look after you and remember what you like.
How would your clients describe you?
I am honoured to say that my clients say that I am one of the my organized and efficient people they have ever met and really enjoy having me on board and working with me which is hugely satisfying.  Having had a 12 year career in the law leading up to starting my business which is now in its third year certainly helped develop those skills. I am a “details” person so I am always looking for the detail in everything.  That’s very important to me and I like to think that my clients notice that and like that about me.
Have you ever had a challenging client and how did you deal with it?
All clients are challenging in their own way as each wedding or event you plan and each couple you deal with is completely different and may require different skills. I find that good communication with my clients from the outset to establish what they can expect from me and what I can do for them is a great way to get the relationship off on the right food.  There will always be challenges along the way but I thrive on dealing with those and turning around any difficult situations.  Good people skills is essential for this job.
What’s your biggest achievement since launching?
You have to look back quite often to see where you were in the beginning and where you are now to remind yourself of the achievements in launching a business from nothing - during hard economic times which some people would say is crazy!  Going into profit in year three is an achievement and I was pleased to be asked to present the last series of Three Grand Weddings due to be shown on Wedding TV during 2011. However, most of all I feel a huge sense of achievement with the weddings and events that we have helped to plan and co-ordinate and the lovely comments we get as feedback afterwards and knowing that our clients have had the day they wanted and your involvement has made a big difference.  Seeing the photographs or videos and receiving those thank yous afterwards is very satisfying and at a lot of weddings since launching we have had special “thank yous” and mentions during wedding speeches which is a real honour to be included at such an important part of the proceedings.
What is your vice? 
Wine, cheese and bread - all the things I shouldn’t have!  Plus anything for the kitchen and shoes!
Describe yourself in 3 words
Organised, hard-working and efficient
Name one blog you follow religiously
Ok hands up - I have lots of great blogs on my reader account but I am not great at religiously following them!  I try to concentrate more on keeping my own up to date and spending time on my Twitter and Facebook pages and when I get a free hour or so I have a hunt to see whats new and whats around.  I do prefer bridal magazines to keep in touch - old fashioned kind of girl in some ways!



Frances Edwards

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to planning a wedding, there surely are numerous tasks to be accomplished and lots of things to be settled and prepared.One of the advantages of hiring a professional wedding planner is that they usually have connections with the local services that are used for a wedding.

    Thanks & Regards
    Online Event Management

    ReplyDelete